Happy 4th of July
Fourth of July – Celebrating our Nation’s Independence Takes Cash!
In just a few weeks most working American’s will be in for the coveted three day weekend! A long weekend with friends and family is a great summer break but can be expensive. Fourth of July can still be fun without blowing your budget. Here are some tips:
- Traveling? Download gas saving apps like GasBuddy. You can enter the zip where you plan on filling up and it will give you turn by turn directions to the gas station with the cheapest gas.
- Food – our family loves to grill on the 4th! This year try buying food in bulk at Sam’s or take the drive to Costco. Don’t forget to check your Sunday paper for coupons!
- Fireworks – If you are brave enough to fight a little traffic on the way home, check out your community fireworks show. It will be much more impressive than what you can buy. Also, try purchasing a few things July 5th for next year. Prices will be marked down considerably.
- Decorations – Remember that you are going to throw them away after the party is over so go to your local dollar store.
Ready for a road trip to see the largest firework shows in the U.S.? Here are the biggest and brightest!
- Seattle’s Family 4th – Seattle, Washington
- Fisherman’s Wharf Firework Show – San Francisco, California
- Lights on the Lake – Lake Tahoe, California
- Kaboom Town! – Addison, Texas
- Fair St. Louis – St. Louis, Missouri
- A Capital Fourth – Washington, DC
- Sunoco Welcome America Celebration – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Atlantic City Fireworks – Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Macy’s Firework Spectacular – New York City, New York
- July 4th Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular – Boston, Massachusetts
Whatever your plans, be sure to wave your flag, stay safe and don’t burn the hotdogs! Happy Fourth of July from all your friends at First Castle Federal Credit Union!